Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What would you do with your life if money was no issue?

Background: I recently became a Beachbody coach, and I've been posting about it a lot on Facebook because I'm really excited. I wrote a more in-depth post about my lifetime journey with body image issues and weight loss programs, and how I came to the 21 Day Fix. But I wanted to share about the moment I decided to dive in. 

I was reading a book my coach, Lesley, recommended to me: You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero. I had been doing the 21 Day Fix in some form or another since June, and slowly, but surely, building a healthier relationship with my body. 

Then I came to this line: 


"What would you do with your life if money was no issue?"


Before I could censor myself, before my skeptical internal editor piped up, my first thought was: 


"I would help people not hate their bodies and be at war with food like me." 


My second thought was, "buy the entire Cole Haan inventory." 

...I guess some things never change. 


That's how I knew helping people with this fitness and nutrition program was something I wanted to do. It was that simple. I rarely have moments of complete clarity like that. I have an impressive amount of insight into what I'm thinking and feeling, but rarely into what I want to DO. Just so you have a frame of reference, I taught swimming at a camp for 4 summers while in school for Writing, Literature and Publishing at Emerson College, but it took the combined efforts of my father, one of my best friends (who was also the head of the pool), and the camp secretary to convince me that I needed to pursue teaching. Also: Thanks guys. Love you. 


What would you do with your life if money was no issue? 





No comments:

Post a Comment