21 Day Fix Container Count:
If you make your own or find no sugar added sauce: 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 blue
If you only have sauce that contains added sugar: 1 yellow, ½ green, ½ purple, 1 blue
- 1 tortilla (preferably sprouted, because sprouted tortillas are heartier than normal tortillas and better for you, but whole grain will work)
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (I use a combination of cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan)
- ½ cup broccoli chopped into tiny pieces
- cooking spray
- pizza stone (see my note at the end of the recipe about this)
- cutting board
- Preheat oven to 400. Put pizza stone in oven immediately, because it needs to heat up with the oven.
- Spray one side of the tortilla. Flip it over. The other side is the top. Put it on a stiff cutting board for preparation.
- Spread ½ cup of tomato sauce on tortilla. Go easy on the sauce. Often I don’t use a full ½ cup!
- Evenly distribute the cheese.
- Sprinkle broccoli on. If it starts to look like too much broccoli for the pizza, just set the rest aside and eat it while the pizza is cooking.
- Grind some black pepper and sprinkle it on top.
- Spray the top of the finished pizza with cooking spray.
- When the oven preheats, open it, place the cutting board right next to the pizza stone, and use a spatula to slide it in.
- Set a timer for 8 minutes. When it goes off, reevaluate. Stick a spatula under it to see if it’s still flexible. You want it toasted enough that it doesn’t bend, but not so toasted that it’s burnt. If the edges look browned, take it out.
NOTE: You want a pizza stone. I have been trying to perfect this recipe for YEARS and trust me, it works best with a pizza stone. It will be crispier and tastier and better in every way. You CAN do it without one, but then you need to put the tortilla in the oven to toast it until it’s stiff enough to hold the toppings, take it out, put the toppings on, put it back in, and watch it like a hawk so it doesn’t burn. Here is more information about how amazing they are in case you’re interested. But know this: People LOVE to buy pizza stones and forget about them, so if you ask around, you will probably find one!
I'm running an ongoing Healthy and Fit Through the Holidays Accountability group online! If you are interested, or want more info, shoot me an email at email@example.com I run these accountability groups regularly so if you're stumbling upon this page at some later point in time, don't hesitate to get in touch!