Sunday, November 29, 2015

Transformation Tuesday #1

Before, you'd either find me exercising for 2+ hours a night at the gym or sitting on the couch. I was very much an all-or-nothing exerciser. For stretches of time I'd be toned and in pretty good shape, but when things got stressful, I'd lose strength, muscle tone, and endurance.

Now I work out 6 days a week in my living room using weights and resistance bands aka my new love. I work out for half an hour some days, and an hour on others.

Sometimes I go to the gym down the street, but most days I'm content to work out in my home gym. No commute. No waiting for machines. If I decide to work out, 3 minutes later I'm working out. No excuses.

This is the smallest house I've ever lived in, and it's packed to the brim with books from my classroom last year (as you can see in the photo) but you know what I realized? I don't need a lot of space. I don't need a lot of equipment. I just need weights, a resistance band, and an amazing team of accountability partners cheering me on.

Oh, and a good sportsbra of course. Let's be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment